Ideas for Learning with Sidewalk Chalk
I'm thrilled to be teaming up with 25+ other bloggers from the Kid Blogger Network to bring you a series on summer learning. We love taking learning outdoors and combining learning with movement whenever possible. We have had a lot of fun recently learning with sidewalk chalk. Here are my favorite activities we have done as well as a few favorites from some of my fellow bloggers.
*affiliate links provided*
1. Practice math with this Gross Motor Addition Game. It could easily be adapted for subtraction or multiplication. supplies - sidewalk chalk and dice
2. Sight Word Hopscotch from Mom to 2 Posh Lil' Divas. Bern has the best ideas for practicing sight words, and this hopscotch game has become a quick favorite in our house. supplies - sidewalk chalk
3. Learn letters, letter sounds, sight words and more with this sight word spray game. Kids love water play, so fill up those water blasters and take learning outdoors. supplies - sidewalk chalk and water blasters
8. Sidewalk Sudoku from The Usual Mayhem. A wonderful game to work on math and logic. supplies - sidewalk chalk and craft foam
10. Learn the parts of the body with sidewalk chalk like Learn with Play at Home. A fun way to combine learning and creativity. supplies - sidewalk chalk
Click the photo below to view all of the other top ten lists included in the series.
Sunday ~ This Reading Mama | The Educators' Spin on It | Kitchen Counter Chronicle | Rainbows within Reach | Kindergarten & Preschool for Parents & Teachers | Monday ~ Train Up a Child Learn as We Go | Housing a Forest | Royal Baloo | Living Montessori Now | Tuesday ~ Toddler Approved | Play Trains! | 3 Dinosaurs | Wednesday ~ The Outlaw Mom | Teach Beside Me | Hands On as We Grow | Thursday ~ JDaniel 4's Mom | All Done Monkey | Fantastic Fun & Learning | KC Edventures | Playing with Words 365 | Friday ~ Teach Mama | The Usual Mayhem | Nature and Play | True Aim Education | Saturday ~ Creative World of Varya | Craftoart | My Buddies and I